Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What to Wear: Maternity

When I was pregnant with Harper, I struggled to find maternity clothes and never found anything I just loved loved loved.  I started to feel like I was losing a little bit of myself- forced to wear boring or generic styles. I searched and searched and soon found comfort in styles by Target, Gap, and Old Navy Maternity. So I knew I really wanted to do a post when a friend wrote me for help finding maternity wear! Been there, I know how exactly how to help!
 Good news is there are tons of amazing choices out there… bad news is most come with high price tag. Who wants to pay $150 on jeans that you will only wear for a few months anyway? Not me. So here we go… 3 different maternity looks for you, Ashley. I had so much fun doing this it almost made me want to be pregnant again. Almost.  
The best idea is to buy pieces that are functional. You want to choose items that can be worn several different ways. The top below could also be worn with wide leg jeans and wedges or with cuffed dark denim jeans and these cute black flats. Same with the cardigan below, through on a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and flats and you have an adorable outfit!

A great tip is to stock up on accessories- scarves, jewelry, shoes, and bags- anything that you will still get use out of after the baby comes!

Jackets, Cardigans, and Vests are all things that you can wear throughout your pregnancy without being "maternity". The jacket above and the vest below could be worn open all nine months and still make you feel right on trend. Plus, you can continue to wear them while toting around your precious new baby!
I love this look and I will most likely be coping this for summer!
Enjoy, Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment